TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Singapore Creator Awards 2021 (“Competition”) is co-organised by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (“SPH”) and Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre (“SCCC”). SPH and SCCC shall collectively be called the “Organiser”.
- Participation in the Competition is subject to SPH Events Terms and Conditions at https://corporate.sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/sph-eventsand these Terms and Conditions (collectively, “the T&Cs”). These Terms and Conditions shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency with SPH Events Terms and Conditions. In the event of conflict between the English version of the T&Cs and the Chinese translation thereof, the English version will prevail.
- By registering or taking part in the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by and to comply with the T&Cs, including all amendments, additions and modifications hereto as may from time to time be made by SPH.
- The Competition is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Employment Pass Holders, Dependent Pass Holders and Student Pass Holders residing in Singapore (collectively, “Participants”; each, a “Participant”). If you are below the age of 18 as of 01 January 2021, you are required to submit a written consent from your legal guardian/parent for your participation in the Competition based on the T&Cs.
- Participants must submit their design entries to SPH via the official website for the Competition at www.sgcreatorawards.com.
- Employees of SPH and its related corporations (“SPH Group”) and/or co-organiser, and/or of SPH’s partners and/or sponsors for the Competition, and their immediate family members (including spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters) are not eligible to participate in the Competition. Winner(s) may be required to sign a written statement confirming their eligibility before prize collection.
- Each Participant represents and warrants the accuracy of all information and originality of all designs and/or creations provided at the time of competition entry. Any breach of the foregoing warranty or misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by SPH) shall result in disqualification and/or the forfeiture, withholding, withdrawal or reclaiming of any prizes won.
- SG Enable LTD (“SGE”)is the inclusion partner for this Competition (“Inclusion partner”). In conjunction with the Competition, Inclusion Partner will offer an additional prize titled “Inclusive Design Award” (“Additional Prize”).
- In addition to being shortlisted for the Competition, participants may also indicate if they want their entry to be submitted for consideration for the Additional Prize.
- A panel of judges (“Judging Panel”) shall shortlist the top 10 designs from each of the two categories (the “Shortlisted Designs”). The shortlisted Participants will be notified on 28 May 2021 and they may elect to submit their prototypes (if any) to SPH (1000 Toa Payoh North，Podium 4, News Centre, Singapore 318994) by 18 June 2021 (the “Submission”, which expression shall include all submitted designs, the Shortlisted Designs and the winning designs, whether with or without prototypes). While the submission of prototypes may provide the judges with a better understanding of the Participant’s Shortlisted Design, a non-submission of prototypes will not disqualify a Shortlisted Design.
- The Shortlisted Designs will be put up for online public voting. Public voting will make up 20% of the score while the panel of judges’ votes will make up 80% of the score. Winners will be notified by email. If required by SPH and SCCC, all top 10 Participants must attend the Competition’s Prize Presentation Ceremony on 30 July 2021 in person or by representation.
- Designs are to be submitted in soft copy of at least 300 dpi resolution (JPEG format; 5MB Maximum), together with a completed presentation form (containing both the design and short description), a design rationale (in English or Chinese, in no more than 400 words on choice of material, product features, marketability) and contact details (Full Name in English and Chinese (where applicable), email address and contact number).
- Each Participant is only allowed to submit up to three entries in either one category based on the theme of “New Normal New Designs” (“Theme”).
- Any design launched or published in the retail market and any executed proposal in or before November 2019, and all commissioned works will not qualify for the Competition. Participants can use their business, school or programme name to enter the Competition. Entries can also be submitted as a group with more than one designer.
- The Established Designer Category is open to practitioners with a strong design portfolio. You have your own practice, have worked in the industry for more than 3 years, or have received recognition from design awards.
- The Aspiring Designer Category is open to non-practitioners with a passion for creativity. You could be pursuing an education in design or any other related discipline; taking your first steps to a career in design; or simply design for pleasure.
- Each Participant further represents and warrants that in relation to each Submission: (i) the design, including the picture, icon, symbol within it, shall not in any way, infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to the copyright, logos, trademark, or other proprietary rights; and (ii) the Participant owns and/or able to grant the rights to the Submission as are hereby granted.
- The top 10 designs from each of the two categories will be judged and evaluated based on the following criteria that reflects the Theme:
- Relevance to the theme: use of single or multiple creations to best reflect Singapore in the New Normal
- Creativity and aesthetics*: the entry’s innovativeness, artistic beauty, skills and material
- Copywriting: typography and content
- The design has also been submitted for consideration for the Additional Prize shall be evaluated based on the as follows:
The design is:
- Original and not found in Singapore; or a creative adaptation of ideas to suit our local context
- Able to offer a new way of design thinking with a clear value proposition that has the potential to be implemented in Singapore’s food and beverage scene
- Unique in creating a new system or product design that incorporates the essential elements of what an enjoyable dining out experience is for persons with disabilities
The design is:
- User-centric and has considered the principles of Inclusive/Universal Design that is able to benefit a wide range of users
- Conceptualised to suit a wide range of dining outlets and options
- Easy to understand and intuitive for all users to address the unmet needs effectively
The design is:
- Able to be easily scaled (when fully developed) to a large number of food and beverage outlets in one to two years, and possibly in the Enabling Village
- Able to leverage on existing systems and structures of the existing food and beverage sector in Singapore
- Low/affordable cost for adoption
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and non-cash prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are subject to availability and where applicable, certain prize winnings may be further subject to the rules or restraints by governments or public authorities, health warnings, advisories or other directives issued by any governments or governmental agencies. SPH reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to at any time and without notice and without compensation to the Participants, substitute any prize for a comparable prize of equal or greater value to be awarded in lieu, withdraw, add to or alter any prize, subject to any applicable law.
- Winners acknowledge that neither SPH nor SCCC accept any responsibility for any taxes, costs, expenses and other liabilities that may arise from the prize winnings, which shall be the sole responsibility of the winners upon claiming such prize winnings.
- Winners are required to provide their particulars for the purpose of verification and audit. All prizes which are not won or remain unclaimed after two (2) months of the announcement of the winners will be forfeited. Subject to the approval of the Competition Organising Committee, winners from the Competition may be accorded the right to use the Competition logos, symbols and trophies for promotional or publicity purposes, on the condition that no modification is made to the Competition logos, symbols and trophies and on their undertaking to ensure that the Competition logos, symbols and trophies will be represented in a dignified, respectful, and proper manner in accordance with the corporate identity guides of the Competition Organising Committee.
- By participating in the Competition, each Participant agrees and consents to:
- SPH Group, the Organiser and Competition sponsor(s), as well as their respective representatives, agents or authorised service providers, collecting, using and disclosing the Participant's personal data and sharing the Participant's personal data between themselves and their business parties to communicate with the Participant for purposes related to the Competition, to provide goods and services to the Participant upon request, to send the Participant marketing information on products and services offered by the SPH Group or other parties, and for such purposes that the Participant has otherwise given his/her consent to SPH Group;
- SPH Group as well as their respective representatives, agents or authorised service providers and the Organiser and SGE, collecting, using, disclosing and processing the Participant's personal data, and sharing between themselves and their business partners, the Participant’s personal data, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of these Participants (e.g. during the award ceremony or interview) (“Material”) for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in SPH Group’s and the Organiser’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites and social media, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Competition and/or the Additional Prize (including marketing and publicity campaigns) or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in SPH without further compensation, and to the maximum extent permissible under law, each Participant hereby waives its moral rights in and to all Material in favour of SPH.
- Participants shall not, without the prior written approval of SPH, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Competition.
- SPH Group shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with the Competition, or any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). All warranty claims in regards to a prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer. Except to the extent that they may not be excluded by law, no representations, warranties, terms or conditions that are not expressly stated in the T&Cs apply to the Competition nor in respect of the prizes and all implied warranties are excluded, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes.
- All decisions made by the Competition Organising Committee and Judging Panel in all matters relating to the Competition shall be final, binding and conclusive on all Participants, and no correspondence will be entertained.
Intellectual Property Rights
By participating in the Competition, each Participant agrees and consents to and hereby grants to SPH Group an unlimited worldwide licence and right to use, display and/or publish the Submission for purposes related to the Competition and the Submission, for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission (including permission from any persons who participated in the creation of the Submission) or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Each Participant agrees to fully indemnify, defend, and hold SPH Group and the Organiser and their respective officers, employees, representatives, agents and partners as well as the Competition sponsors harmless from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation, legal costs on a full indemnity basis) incurred by them in connection with: (i) any falsification of information on the Submission by the Participant, (ii) any breach by the Participant of any warranty or of any term of the T&Cs, (iii) any breach by the Participant under any legally binding agreement, (iv) any misuse or misrepresentation of legally protected property by the Participant in relation to this Competition, and/or (v) the violation of any and all laws including but not limited to Singapore law as applicable.
The T&Cs will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and the Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.