Entries have to be submitted online via www.sgcreatorawards.com
- Any design launched or published in the retail market or any proposal executed in or before November 2019, and all commissioned works will not qualify for the competition.
- The Competition is open to all Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Employment Pass Holders, Dependent Pass Holders and Student Pass Holders residing in Singapore.
- If you are below the age of 18 as of 01 January 2021, you are required to obtain your legal guardian/parent’s written consent and agreement to your participation in the Competition as stipulated in the Terms and Conditions.
- Participants can use their business, school or programme names to enter the Competition. Entries submitted as a Group Design means the design concept was conceived by more than one participant.
- Participants may enter their work in either one of the two categories. Each participant is allowed to submit up to three entries. There are no age restrictions for either the Established Designer or Aspiring Designer Category.
- No participation fee is required.
Established Designer Category
The Established Designer Category is open to practitioners with a strong design portfolio. You have your own practice, have worked in the industry for more than 3 years, or have received recognition from design awards.
Aspiring Designer Category
The Category is open to non-practitioners with a passion for creativity. You could be pursuing an education in design or any other related discipline; taking your first steps to a career in design; or simply design for pleasure.
Preliminary Judging: Online Submission
- All entries have to be submitted according to the requirements for image submission, for judging and publicity purposes.
- Basic Information: All the fields on the online application form must be completed.
- Presentation Form: Showcase the design accompanied by an overall introduction within one page. (The forms are available for download: Established Designer Category, Aspiring Designer Category)
- Design Description: Fill in the design rationale, creativity concept and case for marketability within 400 words, in either English or Mandarin.
- File Format Designs are to be submitted in soft copy of at least 300 dpi resolution (JPEG format; 5MB Maximum)
Final Judging: Submission of prototypes
- The finalists will be notified of the details of prototype submission via email on 28 May 2021.
The prototypes will be retained for 6 months for the purpose of showcase or publicity.
Contestants are liable for any damages to their prototypes, and should ensure careful packing for safe transportation as well as arrange for insurance coverage. The organisers of the competition are not liable for any damages incurred during the judging or showcase.
Preliminary Judging: Based on the information submitted for the online registration, the judges will select the best entries for the final judging and public online voting.
Final Judging: The finalists’ designs will be judged based on the information submitted for the online registration as well as the design prototypes.
Public Online Voting: Through online viewing of the finalists’ works, the public can cast their vote for their favourite designs.
The winners will be selected based on the total score from the judges and public voters. The public votes comprise 20% of the score while the judges’ votes comprise 80%.
- Relevance to the theme: use of single or multiple creations to best reflect Singapore in the New Normal
- Creativity and aesthetics*: the entry’s innovativeness, artistic beauty, skills and material
- Copywriting: typography and content
*The entries are evaluated based on innovation, aesthetic qualities and choice of materials.
Finalists, who qualify for the "New Potential Star" will be selected to join the incubator programme organised by the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship(IIE), Singapore Management University. For the programme details and judging criteria, please visit: https://iie.smu.edu.sg/incubator